Technology 101: Is it Possible to Actually Recoup your $1000 Investment in your Smart Phone?
For so many of us, especially those who live and breathe in the technology world, we look forward to the newest Smart phone release. It's hard to believe that just a few weeks back, Apple celebrated the 10 year anniversary of its iPhone inception. I personally feel like its so much more than an iPhone.
I use it on a regular basis (when needed) for the following uses:
1. Phone (including voicemail)
2. iPod (for listening to my favorite music, artists and songs while working out or looking to unwind for the day)
3. My fitness guru (with apps like my fitness pal and c25k --- I like to challenge myself to be more healthy!)
4. Scanning (to keep up with daily business expense receipts as well as scanning for best price in the area shopping apps)
5. Calculator (much more reliable than the finger counting trick!)
6. A Level (when right angles matter!)
7. A Compass (when the real thing is not available)
8. A Strong Radio Frequency Finder (for when I like to listen to local music in a city that I'm visiting or less familiar with)
9. Maps & Directions (an essential Navigator that sits in the palm of your hand)
10. Pet Friendly Hotel Finder (so my husband and I can vacay with my pooch!)
11. Credit card reader (for bank apps such as Bank of America's credit card reader as well as Square reader, Stripe and PayPal --- to name just a few)
12. Currency and Measurement conversion (in instances where I'm less familiar with Europes means of measure!)
13. Recipe and Meal Finder (when I want to impress family or friends with my culinary abilities!)
14. Access to my various Cloud Storage options... Box, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Goodreader, OneDrive, (to maintain important documents and files in a safe place that is easily accessible (On-The-Go Ready) and at my fingertips whenever needed)
And the list goes on, and on, and on... How do you view your Smart Phone today? Have you found yourself over time replacing other tech gadgets with all the various uses your smart phone currently provides? Do you consider it the ultimate communications and tech tool and why? I'd love to hear your thoughts...